Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Help! Knob not responding to saved presets

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Help! Knob not responding to saved presets

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:58 pm

Never encountered this before - most likely due to the lame tricks I had play on this poor bitmap knob to function as a 6-pos selector switch.

I've used them as regular continuous knobs before and they re-load presets just fine - in fact all the 3-pos versions in this schem (and the 4-pos ones in my 'Endeavour') all do so, as well. But I guess stretching the poor things to 6-pos was a bridge too far (at least in the way I did it!).

If presets are created within the schem when open in FS, the presets save just fine, but if they are created and saved with the plugin in a host, and saved, then loaded in the schem, it won't set only the 6-pos knobs to the right spots; all the 3pos are fine (?).

My kludge of these chicken heads to work as selector switches stems from the fact that while giving them any number of steps is not a problem, having to rotate through a full 270 degrees just to select three or four items is pretty ridiculous (and looks it). Unlike the toolbox vector knobs, these bitmap jobs don't have a place select the start and sweep angles - so I'm sure I went about that all wrong (if this is even the issue; I don't know).

SeeEss 15v.fsm
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 344 times
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Help! Knob not responding to saved presets

Postby tulamide » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:37 pm

The bitmap strip contains 101 frames. To result in 6 specific frames, including the narrower angle range, is a lot of math. Do yourself a favor, open the strip in a paint program like krita, Photopea or similar, remove all the frames you don't need, stitch the 6 frames you want one right after the other and use it with 6 frames over the 0-1 range.

Will end with the same result, but with no head scratching involved.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: Help! Knob not responding to saved presets

Postby k brown » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:28 am

Uggh! Total rank, rookie error!!

Had a feeling all along that there was something obvious I was missing.

I stupidly left the old, unused Feet selector inside the module. Deleted and now working fine :oops: :cry:
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Return to User Examples