Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quilcom GHOST RADIO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Quilcom GHOST RADIO

Postby Spogg » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:47 am

Hello all!

I’ve made something weird in time for Halloween 2023.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ticqce8l ... at12m&dl=0

Video:

https://youtu.be/EGnTwRCnNhE
Spogg

Re: Quilcom GHOST RADIO

Postby R&R » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:57 am

Just :lol:
R&R

Postby billv » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:44 pm

It is weird... Spogg..I listened to it and closed my eyes and went on a nice acid trip..... :lol: :D
It's a very "Abstract" delivery, which is always a "good" thing..nice work... :)
I 'm looking forward to the day when you put all your skills into one big monster synth.. :ugeek:
billv

Postby RJHollins » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:04 pm

wow ... those sounds bring back memories.

We had a similar looking Radio [with a green 'eye'] above the Tuning knob.

Could have also had a SW Band on it ... don't remember.

One sound I do recall was what sounded like a squadron of planes flying.
Was too young to know :o :lol:
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:01 am

Some of those sounds took a lot more effort than others. The trickiest was the pseudo-Morse code and the EVP. I actually bought a cheap radio with several SW bands so I could simulate stuff better, but I heard very little. On looking into it those bands largely went out of use many years ago. The internet you see, and I should’ve thought of that first!

After I’d done the radio synth, I played it to my wife Sue and it spooked her because she’d listened to her dad tuning through shortwave radio when she was little. That would be about mid 1950’s.

There were essentially 2 types of “Magic Eye” tubes. I chose to simulate the EM84 but in radios they often had circular ones where the arc would close more at higher levels. The EM84 type was much easier!
Spogg

Postby k brown » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:22 am

Wow - that's a huge GUI leap forward!; kudos!
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby R&R » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:42 am

Naaw :mrgreen: No matter how cool Ghost Radio is... :lol: not adding this to my links page. You're really stretching it. I mean... that Christmas Belly was already "a borderline case" or "a case of borderline" ;)

Edit:
There... Now. This thumbnail I can add to the plugin list :lol:
(the spirits made me do it :P )

Ghost_Radio.jpg
Ghost_Radio.jpg (72.49 KiB) Viewed 10963 times

billv wrote:I 'm looking forward to the day when you put all your skills into one big monster synth..

:lol:
Isn't every sim Spogg makes a monster synth in terms of parameters? Atleast in my view...
But, I think I know what you meant :)
R&R

Postby pwesynthmaker » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:53 pm

What I really want for weenxmas is sombrer0body to help
with a remake of "d-lusion rubberduck".
I pull it outta the cobwebs every other millenium and
to this very day it still astound me.
My compozatron and drumzatron can make some weird sonics.

But this thing you conjured is just plane EX0o-ET.
Live Long and Boggle.

I think it was 'roundybout '58 me and my late little baby brother were over in port angeles wash
and had received piezocrystal radios from santy and I said, "PssT ... let's sneak over to that big
pole shed on the neighbors property and use it for an antenna!" We were picking up old jazz radio
from Seattle!

Maybe sideband this spookytoob with some ragtime? With a 'wayback' reverse dial ?
Oo0U^3E I KnOw ... add some Star Whrrzs spaceship engine sounds like a tie fighter
and the batmoplane chortlin' low freq turbo and the t-rex gorgle.
Uh, I think your better half would get out the rollin' pin.
Better hide in the tool shed out back 40 with an etchasketch for alibi.
If all else fails ... blame it on velcro.
Clincher. Look all starry-eyed and say, "Why is the sqrt2/2 a sine wave? It sounds so pretty mummy.
Then I spilt coffee on my callicolator and had to use my rusty tech school sliderule and this happened. (BIG GRIN).
Then scratch back of balding head, say
"According to Murphy's 23rd Law. If it does work ... it shouldn't."
I'll just have to stay her 'til I fix it somehow. Even if it gets worser at first." (SHAKE HEAD?).
Last edited by pwesynthmaker on Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... fstone.htm
Inventor eFX Technology FlowStone WebPage

https://www.invntefx.com/
Inventor eFX Technology
LOGIN
Username: viewer
Password: A#1viewer
pwesynthmaker

Postby Duckett » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:03 am

Love this Halloween-themed little noisemaker... guessing an AI helped with the graphics (they are good at things like spitting out a reasonably rendered depiction, if given "old tube shortwave radio built by ghosts" as a prompt).

@pwesynthmaker: A repro of a pre-VST 303 clone is what you're asking Santa for, eh? Well, I might not be the guy for the job, but here's a good starting point for any so inclined: https://tinyloops.com/tb303/index.html

Just wondering: there has been many a 303-in-plugin-form made over the years- have none of them quite captured Rubberduck's qualities? Squeekbox was one that seemed to get the distortion right better than most.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Return to User Examples