Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

ruby selector/droplist?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

ruby selector/droplist?

Postby Nubeat7 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:04 pm

hi all, i`m fiddling around with the new droplist in ruby, and got a selector working but for check and show the actual item i did an array via split(',') from the items list and used this array also for the count to make 0..1 index for the preset (which is required for automation as vst) so my question is, is there a direct access to the droplist to get those parameters?

i also don`t really like the split(',')methode to do the array because the item list could also be a text array and then this methode dont work anymore...

some ideas?
Attachments
selector ruby droplist.fsm
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 1218 times
Nubeat7

Re: ruby selector/droplist?

Postby MyCo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:21 am

There is no other way to access the droplist, because the droplist only exists between a call to createDropList and the dropListFinished callback. So if the droplist isn't visible, it doesn't exist.

For your other question: I would use a "string array" type as input to the Ruby Edit (because most of the time you want to access the items by key). And when you open the droplist, call "join" on the array. But the problem will still exist. You can't have a comma in an item name.
MyCo

Re: ruby selector/droplist?

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:12 pm

thanks myco, the fact that the droplist only exists while call give me the answer to my other question, why it do not update the output when set index from outside...
Nubeat7

Return to User Examples