Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

"Four On Two" dual synth

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: "Four On Two" dual synth

Postby k brown » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:48 pm

I don't know how many people are following this thread, but I'd be curious to know - of those that tried them both, which GUI size do you prefer? I'm thinking of just settling on the larger one - I think folks tend to have larger screens these days.

Some further tweaks/corrections - mostly added Fade-in controls to the LFOs. Also reversed the direction of the FM in oscs 3/4; 4 is now modulated by 3. Since most FM sounds have the Modulator at a higher frequency than the Carrier, this makes more sense, as the Sub is generated by osc 4. This is also more logical visually, as to those who have spent much time in the 'FM' world know, block diags invariably have the Modulator above the Carrier.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/de3dc2220/5h3vz9 ... y-tcmvku4w
Last edited by k brown on Wed May 01, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby trogluddite » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:39 pm

A slight preference for the larger one for me - I can see the whole thing on my laptop screen no problem, and I could almost use it without my glasses on! But I wouldn't say that I found the smaller one difficult to work with at all. Overall, I think it's a very clear design, and I could find my way around the controls very easily right from the start.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:46 pm

I have a dual monitor system, each 24 inches (boast, boast) so a big one is nicer for me. But I did get one complaint from a user of one of my projects that it was too big for her laptop (I made a smaller one for her).

So, why not offer both? It’s very quick to export at 2 different sizes, and I think that some will appreciate the choice.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Spogg wrote: it was too big for her

Oh ... quit boasting.

:lol:
RJHollins

Postby k brown » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:57 pm

I think you're right - laptop display / desktop monitor is enough reason to have both sizes.

This has now received enough changes that I think it's earned a v1.012 designation -

- LFOs' Freq controls can toggle to 'Sync Temp' (sync to host).
- Oscs' freq controls toggle 'Semi' (semtoned stepped), 'Freq' (same range, but un-stepped), or 'Wide' (un-stepped, with range extended three octaves at each end).
- Oscs 3 and 4 have buttons to disconnect them from the keyboard, and divides their frequencies by 100. In conjunction with the 'Wide' mode these can now be full-fledged LFOs - when switched to Wavetable, can be some pre wacky LFOs. When disconnected from the keyboard, the saw and pulse waveforms become unipolar, and Pulse remains stable in 'up-down range' with changing PW.
- LFOs' Delays, being simple ramp generators, are available as modulation sources in the mod busses.
- Significant CPU savings when re-routing Osc 3/4 to Filter A only (Evolver signal flow) and/or having one or both Pan controls fully CCW.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/de3dc2220/5h3vz9 ... y-tcmvku4w
Last edited by k brown on Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Halon » Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi Kevin. Nice to see you back to making synthesizers. As for the size, i do believe most people have large screens these days. I actually use my 42" tv as my monitor.
Halon

Previous

Return to User Examples