Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Sprite Font Engine

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Sprite Font Engine

Postby billv » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:00 am

@Tulamaide & @nubeat7...
I can see what both of you are saying, and there is some really good points in there.
Agreed, the community is not the same as it once was...
I can also see the 'shadow mass', the leeches who poach and never contribute,
but i give them no thought, as i think that's just the price we pay for uploading/sharing.
tulamide wrote:Regarding the time frame

I see you point. It just dosn't work for me.
A great example is your Spline Class Tulamide.
When did you release it...maybe 3 months ago..??
About a week ago i made my first attempt tweaking code and getting the feel for it..
billv

Postby Nubeat7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:32 am

tulamide wrote: If I weren't so afraid of losing overview because of all the file seperations (for example .h for declarations and .cpp for actual code), I would have been programming in C++ already. A Ruby front-end that creates compilable C++ code - that would be my dream! However, there's JUCE, which seems to be perfect. But as soon as you sell something closed-source it will be expensive to buy a licence.

yes i think juce is the way to go, its also the one i use, sure it costs some money for commercial use but its to pay just once! no support licences for one year or paying for updates, there are fixes & updates every few days so you know what you get for it (if you want to release closed sources)
over the last few years i already paid about the same for sm/fs

about the file seperations, i think its not too bad, mostly it will be audioDSPclasses for filters, delays... and maybe some special GUI controls while most of the common gui controls are there already and are easy to customize
Nubeat7

Postby tulamide » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 am

@RJHollins
In fact I count you to the small group of people, just like Myco, Exo, Nubeat, Martin, kortezzz, drnkhobo, JB_AU, billv, PHI, tester ...(I shouldn't have started this list, because I'm sure I missed someone. Please excuse me!), that do what a com should do. And I appreciate every "thank you" from you, as well as any question, you have. You participate. And that's all I was asking for. The ones, I addressed this to, don't even try to participate.
A simple "Downloaded it, because it is of interest to me, but won't be able to test this before November" was all that would have been needed to give me back hope. But they behave in a way that I can't help but thinking of ignorance.

@billv
I know what you mean. But don't forget, there's a difference between the spline class and Apex. The former is a set of tools you need to understand and then incorporate in your project to make good use of it. Apex is a full featured, ready-made application that you just use, without the need to understand anything, besides using its GUI to select fonts. Even the conversion is automated. You pretty much only select a font, a color, size and style, and you're done.
I'll send you a pm.

Good luck with the spline class. If you ever think you're stuck, or found something to be improved, don't hesitate to tell me about it!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Tronic » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:39 am

@tulamide
WDL framework by Cockos
http://www.cockos.com/wdl/

current WDL-IPLUG framework with a lot of base example VST2-VST3-RTAS-AAX-IOS-STANDALONE 32/64bit
https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol

the great tutorial for it
http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/article ... roduction/

another one with enabled CAIRO vector graphics support
https://simplapi.wordpress.com/2015/02/ ... in-wdl-ol/

the example class for the gesture of user input for graphics
https://simplapi.wordpress.com/2015/02/ ... ser-input/
Tronic

Postby Exo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Anyone serious about commercial development should of course learn C++ and use a framework such as JUCE, otherwise you will always be 'one step behind' waiting for this or that feature.

If it is just a hobby or you want to make a bit of cash for your VST then Flowstone is great. But I wouldn't create a serious company based on it.

I am thinking maybe having a registered users area for customers would be a good idea? Like on SM forum.
There people can share more complete projects and not worry so much about warez users just taking the whole project and reskinning it to make money.
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Previous

Return to User Examples