Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby acg2010 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Spogg, thanks for posting my Dark Moon Synth. I have attached the final version if any one is interested. I had add a trance gate, and randomizer recorder as well as some presets for it. It was done in SynthMaker CM with mostly standard modules except things like the XY pad and others. I saved as a fsm file and haven't completely checked it out so may have some issues. Idea for it was based on the work H.G. Fortune's synths. I had read that he had unfortunately passed away sometime in 2014. (http://syntheditforum.boards.net/thread ... -past-away).

Thanks for your work Spogg in keeping the old SynthMaker projects alive and posting them here.
Attachments
Dark Moon.fsm
(440.91 KiB) Downloaded 1263 times
acg2010

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am

acg2010 wrote:Spogg, thanks for posting my Dark Moon Synth. I have attached the final version if any one is interested. I had add a trance gate, and randomizer recorder as well as some presets for it. It was done in SynthMaker CM with mostly standard modules except things like the XY pad and others. I saved as a fsm file and haven't completely checked it out so may have some issues. Idea for it was based on the work H.G. Fortune's synths. I had read that he had unfortunately passed away sometime in 2014. (http://syntheditforum.boards.net/thread ... -past-away).

Thanks for your work Spogg in keeping the old SynthMaker projects alive and posting them here.

Many thanks for posting that. It works fine on my system and there's some remarkable presets too.
I've updated the earlier post.

May I ask you what was the reason for using a limited version of the preset manager? No naming and no up/down arrows? Was this intended for commercial reasons so the full version would support this? Just curious!

Thanks again for participating.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:25 am

SV Reverb

It's a reverb Jim but not as we know it :lol:

This one explores the application of much filtering and also has a gating function. It has a nice clear GUI and useage is easy to pick up. The author provided 8 presets and a test environment with a drum loop wave player, so it's ready to audition. The demo presets change the sound so much; quite remarkable to have such a range.

Spogged: locked the preset manager and upped it to 50 presets. The first 8 are from the author.
Re-arranged the demo environment layout a little.

Author: Unknown.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
SV_Reverb3.fsm
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 1356 times
Spogg

Postby acg2010 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:12 am

Spogg Wrote:
May I ask you what was the reason for using a limited version of the preset manager? No naming and no up/down arrows? Was this intended for commercial reasons so the full version would support this? Just curious!

The reason was that the limited version preset was the standard one that came with SynthMaker CM which, I think, was version 1.0.5. I think there may have a few custom ones that could have been used but I stuck with the stock one. Most of the good preset manager schematics were done in later versions and would not work in mine. I could try and mod it but many times when I tried, I would encounter a newer module that was used that I did not have access to.

-acg2010 aka Ph D(J)
acg2010

Postby Spogg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Stepped panner

This one's a step sequencer controlling pan position left/centre/right/off. It also features a bit crusher and decimator. Very easy to figure out and the author has provided several presets and a useful test environment.

Spogged: Nothing but I removed the scope from the test environment. You can always add one but the results are easily heard.
I haven't tested this in a host for tempo sync. Maybe some kind soul co do this and report back...

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
PannerMCrusher2.fsm
(841.4 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Flux Echo

This was of those rare "WOW!" moments for me.

This echo machine needs to be seen. It uses the analogue tape transport metaphor but nothing like I've ever seen.
There are 4 tape heads on drums, like in a video recorder, and their rotation follows the detuning that you set for each head. There's plenty of parameters you can set, for each head and globally. You can even set tape speed like on the old machines.
Apart from the excellent function and sounds you can make the really stunning thing for me is the graphics; the head animation and even the control knobs.

This is a commercial grade release so drop everything and have a play with this thing!

Spogged: Nothing. Note that the Sync button is for zeroing the head positions, not syncing to a DAW (as far as I could see).

Author: CytoSonic

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
fluxEcho-CytoSonic.fsm
(719.74 KiB) Downloaded 1278 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Windows style GUI

I posted a Windows styled GUI before (by Jay) but you need to see this version!
It looks to be easy to create and configure your windows. Not only is this elegant but it shows the range that Flowstone and flowstoners are capable of.

Spogged: Nothing

Author: Not stated but I think this was also by Jay...

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Windows GUI 5.zip
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 1323 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:45 pm

20 character 4 line LCD serial display

A real novelty, this looks exactly like a PCB with a LCD display chip mounted on it.
In the schematic you can enter strings that can be made to scroll across the display according to the operation of the little tact switches.
This could be a really novel help or setting readout for your project for example, or to display any message you want. Very eye-catching.

Spogged: Nothing. Took me a few minutes to work out how to operate it!

Author: pall

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
LCD serial display 01.fsm
(247.97 KiB) Downloaded 1298 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 am

X9 Synthesiser

A very odd and novel synthesiser which, based on the 20 presets provided, explores human-sounding formant sequencing.

Spogged: Nothing. On my system it occasionally crashed FS caused by nothing I could repeat. In spite of this I thought it so interesting that others might be entertained. Or even find out why it crashes sometimes (no harm was done and the CPU load is low).

Author: BV Music

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
X9.1.1.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 1252 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 am

X-VI synthesiser

Another very unusual synth here. The heart of this is a system for creating complex waves based on 3 rows of controls. The waveform created is displayed as a single cycle and can be zoomed to view in detail.
I like the compact GUI and the 25 presets the author has made demonstrate the possibilities and are well worth auditioning.
I suspect this is capable of much more than the presets illustrate so give it a try...

Spogged: Nothing.

Author: Neptune

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
X-VI_last.fsm
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 1255 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples