Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Analogue clock collection

4 really nice analogue clocks. My favourite is the flip clock. It reminds me of my favourite film: Groundhog Day :D

Spogged: Nothing, just collected them into one zip.

Author pall

Cheers

Spogg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t917hky5s7y53 ... s.zip?dl=0
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am

Colour picker with alpha

Useful replacement for the stock colour picker. This small tool has a Windows colour picker and an alpha (transparency) picker.

Spogged: I chose orange. Obviously.

Author: Unknown.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
New ColourAlpha selector.fsm
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 1149 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:51 am

Dark Moon synthesiser

This synth makes use of x-y pad morphing (cross fading) between 4 oscillators. The author has provided 10 presets. This 4-way morphing process can creat a huge range of tones for further processing.

Spogged: Replaced the preset manager which was incomplete for some reason. The author's presets remain intact.

Author: acg2010

EDIT 29.2.16: The author has posted the most recent version later in this topic.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
DarkMoon.fsm
(850.94 KiB) Downloaded 1174 times
Last edited by Spogg on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:21 am

Stereo field effect

This produces a really wild result, even on speakers, using the Haas effect.
I had thought about experimenting with this effect, whereby small left/right delays generate the illusion of location, but it's already here in the great little module. You must give it a listen!

The author has provided a demo environment using coloured noise as a source, so it's ready to audition.

Spogged: Nothing

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Stereo.fsm
(149.33 KiB) Downloaded 1214 times
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:34 am

Spogg wrote:Stereo field effect

This produces a really wild result, even on speakers, using the Haas effect.
I had thought about experimenting with this effect, whereby small left/right delays generate the illusion of location, but it's already here in the great little module. You must give it a listen!

The author has provided a demo environment using coloured noise as a source, so it's ready to audition.

Spogged: Nothing

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg

I use the Haas effect a lot in my music to create fat, wide sounds. It's common practice that I work on a synth to shape a sound, then doubling that synth and running it through a delay with more than 3 and less than 20 ms (I know the Haas effects tells other values, but mine are the ones that yielded the best results). It's simple, but it also tends to prefer a channel when listening with headphones - so use it carefully.

Here's another interesting use of the Haas effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySCaIMj6WSA
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Good link tulamide!

Whenever I hear about using short delays there's always a warning about collapsing to mono but does anyone actually do this? What would be the purpose in going from stereo to mono I wonder...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Spogg wrote:Good link tulamide!

Whenever I hear about using short delays there's always a warning about collapsing to mono but does anyone actually do this? What would be the purpose in going from stereo to mono I wonder...

Cheers

Spogg

It's not so much about you going to mono, but about the assumption that there could still be people out there listening in mono (like an old radio, for example). I don't know how much consideration this really needs nowadays. But if you assume that your music could be listend to in mono, you need to adjust quite a few things (which I, for example, didn't on any of my songs)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:37 pm

tulamide wrote:It's not so much about you going to mono, but about the assumption that there could still be people out there listening in mono (like an old radio, for example). I don't know how much consideration this really needs nowadays. But if you assume that your music could be listend to in mono, you need to adjust quite a few things (which I, for example, didn't on any of my songs)

Very good point tulamide. I'd forgotten about Radio (or "The Wireless" as we used to call it here). There are still many Radios available with a single speaker, even many digital ones.

So to succeed in the "pop" business you do need to listen in mono. Lesson learned. :D

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

'MONO compatibility' has been a heavily debated issue, for sure.

It has really become 'debatable' with today's generation it seems.

Coming up through the daze of vinyl ... I don't see the argument. The 'Laws of Physics' have not changed,
and knowing with 100% certainty that 'stereo' shall be the Rule is too much of a generalization. As an engineer I think it'd be foolish to count on that.

I remember hearing the broadcast of the Eagles, 'When Hell Freezes Over' tour on TV ... one of the guitar solos could barely be heard [just the effects return was], as the phase cancellation nulled. I don't believe this was the intent :o

Whenever a sound source is recorded from 2 receivers [mics] or mono ... phase relationships come to play. To ignore this, or assume otherwise ... hmmm ... :roll:
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:31 pm

FFT 256 partial oscillator and wave maker

As some of you may know I'm "partial" to a bit of additive synthesis and this is a lovely beast to play with.
The scheme is very flexible and well thought out and I love the graphic implementation too. So much better than the stock one. The module is playable polyphonically so you can audition as you edit. You can save the created wave for use in other wavetable projects.

Spogged: Added a comment box explaining the basics. It took me a little while to work it out so I hope this will speed up your attainment of additive synthesis pleasure.
Set the preset manager to lock to preserve the nice default starting points.
Corrected the English on a couple of labels (typos).

Author: Unknown.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
FFT_OSC.zip
(109.98 KiB) Downloaded 1196 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples