Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Wave shapes transition triggered with midi, plus envelope

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Wave shapes transition triggered with midi, plus envelop

Postby tester » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

A little bit unusual question, related to certain practical topic. Morphing too, but for different purpose.

Is there a way to load "on-the-fly" new shapes to wavetable oscillator? I noticed, that standard wavetable creator - produces a large glitch in sound output. I see, that the wavetable creator - makes 128 variations of an input shape, and i guess that this is related to antialiasing and smoothing the wave. Does it have to be 128 parts in mem for sine wave?

What I'd like to do - is to achieve non-poly (standard stream) wavetable oscillator, that would emulate multiple sine units. While using multiple sine oscillators takes a lot CPU, one such wavetable oscillator could just have a shape, that corresponds to a predefined (static) mixtures of let say - 10-16 sine waves. Sine sub-units manipulations could be done then in the green when needed (frequencies, phases), and single oscillator would receive a multisine-pack definition, without a glitch.

Then instead of making 200 oscillators I would have only 20 of them.

Is this doable and how? This one?
http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 079#p91065
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Previous

Return to DSP