Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

better than ruby :-)

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

better than ruby :-)

Postby tester » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Re: better than ruby :-)

Postby KG_is_back » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 pm

:-D qubits are fun :-D it is one! ...or a zero?
KG_is_back

Postby tester » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 pm

What are the qbits?
Badly implemented ruby :-)

Technically speaking, they are like like ambiguous triggers with unambiguous (and for some reason almost always correct) results in your schematic. :mrgreen:
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
tester

Postby trogluddite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

He he - reminds me of possibly the very oldest computer anecdote.

Charles Babbage was working on the design of the first truly 'general purpose' computer, the "Analytical Engine" - way back in Victorian times (and later proved theoretically to have been a true Turing complete machine).
It was a huge project, pushing the boundaries of technology, so he had to go before the British parliament to argue for funding for his project. In all seriousness, several esteemed members of parliament asked him...
"If we put incorrect data into the inputs of the machine, will it still give us the correct result?"
...maybe they were just ahead of their time - had quantum mechanics been around back then, it might not have seemed such a dumb question!
Suffice to say, the politicians of the day were as devoid of imagination as they are today - he didn't get his money, and we had to wait another century for the first Turing complete computer to be built.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tester » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:45 pm

What I'm wondering about - is something often called macro quantum mechanics. Well it does not have to be of the size of an apple or orange (I hope they did not copyrighted these words? :mrgreen: ), but maybe a phenomenon going on in standard electronics available today, like tunnel diodes. Then it would be a matter of creating weird input/output circumstances, to get something to start with.
tester

Postby KG_is_back » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Quantum computer... you enter data that are probably correct, and it will output a result that is probably correct. What's the big deal... my grandmother can do that too....
KG_is_back

Postby tester » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Depends on how you understand quantum entanglement.

You enter whatever random (for you) data, that for some reason become always correct, because they were entangled with specific correct data in the past... or future... or else. :mrgreen:
tester

Postby KG_is_back » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 pm

tester wrote:Depends on how you understand quantum entanglement.

You enter whatever random (for you) data, that for some reason become always correct, because they were entangled with specific correct data in the past... or future... or else. :mrgreen:

She told me that my girlfriend is a whore the moment i told her I have a girlfriend... after a few months it turned out she was right with astonishing precision...

However I wonder how quantum computers will affect DSP. They seem to be not faster - they just seem to solve complicated problems in their own easier way. Additive synthesis, waveguide synthesis, circuit modeling,...
KG_is_back

Postby tester » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 am

Harmony prediction in quasi-random patterns (no consonance issues with combining instruments).
Inter-coherence between quasi-random patterns (new way of ARP based sequencing).
Advanced digital watermarks and paralel data storage (no effect on sound).
Timing issues vs CPU load (prediction where random things must be in sync) - like biliv and ruby :-)
Sonic evolutions (some sort of predicting trends in musical patterns via genetic algos).
On-the-fly pattern recognition and comparison.

and perhaps few more unusual and usual directions if we speak of something more than speed.
tester

Return to Off Topic