Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

Century not out! Owzat!

For anything not directly related to FlowStone

Century not out! Owzat!

Postby trogluddite » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Whoa - 100 posts already. I have overtaken 'support' and am now officially a "regular" - and I get two little "face" icons!
I thought only spammers got that! ;)
Not sure what this says about me - maybe I should have taken up the offer from one of those lovely ladies looking for a "nice boy" that were so busy posting over the weekend! :lol:

Which make me think of a little competiton - that little icon under our avatars icon should have a cool, friendly name.
I was thinking maybe "FlowFace" as it alliterates nicely - though when I typed it into Google I found out that 'FlowFace' is defined as...

Flow Face - the word used for a person who has once had a cream cake shoved in there face
Urban Dictionary
(but should I trust a dictionary that can't spell 'their'!?)

..which after the goings on at the SM forum you may or may not think apt (sorry DSPr, that was a cheap shot! - love you really ;) )

Anyone have any better ideas?
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Re: Century not out! Owzat!

Postby tester » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

TrogStone?
FlowTrog?
;-)
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 am

He he - maybe I could I could hang around at DSRr and be their furry mascot! ;)

Anyhow, I just noticed something that makes me now feel sad and neglected. :cry:
There are dozens of people with WAY more posts than me.... :mrgreen:
...and most of them have never even visited the FS forum!! :o

No, no, not the spammers.

It's those horrible ruffians that live in SM land! :shock:
Yes, even you Mr. tester with your 400+ posts!!! - hmm, fishy - when I 'search user's posts' there are only really two. :?

He, he :D
Seems us good honest folks who made our own logins way-back-when started off with a count of zero posts. But the folks who got automatically migrated from SM got to keep their old post count and their 'loyalty icons'.
i just happened to notice when checking back on some old posts; there are some folks who apparently joined the FS forum in 2005!!
This is very annoying - if they had this ability to time travel into the past, when SM was just a baby, they could have taken some of the cool new stuff from FS, and given Malc (from the past) a whole load of cool tips from Malc (from the future) - and then just think how amazing FS would be by now!!! :roll:

Oh no, I just realised what this could mean :idea:
Tme travel, loads of strange people with made up names - OutSim -> DSPr -> SIRIUS CYBERNETICS CORP!
Douglas Adams saw it all coming - this is the genesis of a universe of irritatingly helpful automatic doors and depressed cyborgs - a future where a guy can't even get a nice cup of tea! (aaargh - and I'm writing this while clad in my dressing gown!)

Luckily I just pulled a load of nice clean towels out of the washing machine yesterday - if I have a couple of beers to get me through the hyperspace jump, I should be OK.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby infuzion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 am

I'm already handing you the post-crown! :lol:
infuzion

Postby trogluddite » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 am

Aaah, you'll be pointing out the mistakes in my Ruby optimisations before you know it! ;)
trogluddite

Postby nix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am

Will we call the little guy Robort?
nix

Postby tester » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Will the ruby sinus (with phase offset node) - will it produce loopable 5 minutes samples with precise phase variations? A good starting point ;-)

Oh, by the way: should I use there offset switcher to (0;1) and power function (input^2) and then scale back to (-1;1) in order to get logarhithmic sweep of a modulator in frequency domain?
Need to take a break? Looking for relaxing sounds? I have something right for you.
(by purchasing, you are also supporting further development of related projects).
Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby infuzion » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 am

trogluddite wrote:Aaah, you'll be pointing out the mistakes in my Ruby optimisations before you know it! ;)
Not yours, but Outsim's knobs ;)
infuzion

Postby trogluddite » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm

He he - yes, the 'upside down' Presets/MIDI on the vertical slider was a proper howler!
Guess us old SM'ers are used to the users having to make all the 'best practice' examples by now! ;) :ugeek:
trogluddite

Postby cyto » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm

trogluddite wrote:Which make me think of a little competiton - that little icon under our avatars icon should have a cool, friendly name.
I was thinking maybe "FlowFace" as it alliterates nicely

Is that supposed to be a face?
I always thought those were pig snouts!

-cyto
(first post here - 2 snouts!)
cyto

Next

Return to Off Topic