Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

New Projects; EQ's and Mastering Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

New Projects; EQ's and Mastering Schematics

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:21 pm

So, when these are done I'll post them in the examples section but they are very close and I thought I would share my work of the last two weeks:

This EQ makes mastering sound a bit like the gear they used for weekend's starboy album:

Download LA School Shelf V0098 (remake).fsm
(188kb)

--------

This Mastering console sounds very much like the mid-career hardware used to master Michael Jackson:

Download LA School - Voxbox - Curello Alternative v0113.fsm
(226kb)

--------

This is a compressor that another member from the forum submitted which I'll make sure to make official and attributed once it is done - There was already a carte blanche, but in the time being:

Download g compressor mod V9.fsm
(97kb)

--------

This is a nice EQ that I based on one by Pall made in 2011 when which I opened was surprised by the small CPU utilization. I'm still optimizing everything; When I am done and have the q-values down pat I will convert all coeffs into linear float scaler driven serialized values rather than actual programming. It's time consuming to do for every sample rate but I will complete it.

Download la bands v20.fsm
(191kb)

Has a smooth feel; Sounds like a TV master - kind of flat; Surreal. Not My favorite sound but it is good all the same. Really good in a subtractive manner for mastering vocals.

EULA ==================================

So, just so everyone's on the same page; These bits of programming use knobs which were inspired by a nice one from freepik.net. They were very generic; But all the same should You wish to use these for commercial purposes I would buy a license or make sure the free license is sufficient, it's only polite. Here's a post with more info:
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14575&sid=a7425a5a5e6229b0efafb2b72e882da8
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: New Projects; EQ's and Mastering Schematics

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Here's some stuff made with it (all commercial):

Symphonical: Fisher King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P83YFmIy23o

RAP: Cause We have Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFzYWE6gBs

Used a Sennheiser Mic and a Roland Boss CD bouncer with FL 10 to master. Uses Navigator from My betas as well:

Also, Uses the Final version of LA Bands EQ:
http://dsprobotics.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14740
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Here's a new version of the shelf EQ:

LA School Shelf V0104 (remake).fsm
beta
(200.04 KiB) Downloaded 1246 times

It works a bit better, but I still have the issue with their being a bit of lag when applying the low pass or high pass.
I think for the most part this is due to the wet dry cross fader that like a dezipper removes any crackling noise.

I can try another way of fixing that or maybe I can change the way in which it works. It's a good idea at any rate.

Here's an image showing it in action, press the image to watch a short Youtube video with the same video in a larger form.

EDIT: MMk, so updated this so it has a somewhat smoother display and it also uses 0.2 less CPU. The new schema is uploaded for Your use and research.

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue May 21, 2019 9:29 pm

The Voxbox gui is very confusing , I have literally no idea what does what ?
I think its both a layout issue and just the fact that you did not say what it does :)
Also the fading out Knobs is just tiring , I want the gui to stay still.
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 am

lalalandsynth wrote:The Voxbox gui is very confusing , I have literally no idea what does what ?
I think its both a layout issue and just the fact that you did not say what it does :)
Also the fading out Knobs is just tiring , I want the gui to stay still.

When I put all the relevant details in it will be very user friendly. It'll be slick when it's all done.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby StereoSpace » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:40 pm

Hello. Now I am collecting a plug-in master project and I find interesting schemes throughout the forum, but nowhere can I find any controller in which it is possible to double-click to enter numerical values (an example of wave plugins). There is a scheme for such a knob, but I just can’t connect them, apparently my knowledge is not enough. I know there are a lot of responsive people, and can someone help me with a knob?
As soon as I finish the plugin, it will be possible to put the circuit here. But while all the work has stopped due to this knob (

GUI designer
StereoSpace

Postby Spogg » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:04 pm

This may not be what you had in mind but I offer it anyway.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Data entry systems .fsm
(69.67 KiB) Downloaded 1096 times
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:06 pm

StereoSpace wrote:Hello. Now I am collecting a plug-in master project and I find interesting schemes throughout the forum, but nowhere can I find any controller in which it is possible to double-click to enter numerical values (an example of wave plugins). There is a scheme for such a knob, but I just can’t connect them, apparently my knowledge is not enough. I know there are a lot of responsive people, and can someone help me with a knob?
As soon as I finish the plugin, it will be possible to put the circuit here. But while all the work has stopped due to this knob (

Heh, sorry I did not see this post and noticed that Spogg helped out. Good luck stereo space :)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby StereoSpace » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks guys for the help! You are unrealistically helping to develop and create! What you do is really cool stuff!
GUI designer
StereoSpace

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Yeah, flowstone is great, so is open source :D.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Return to General