Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Why are synths running cpu even if not playing?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Why are synths running cpu even if not playing?

Postby djbrynte » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Im talking about many layers. even if not playing why do they use cpu. are there any tricks for that?

For now i have a problem for example. If i use 8 layers of a synth. and only playing 2 of them cpu goes up to 100% whats wrong pls help?

Adams viper doesent do that.
djbrynte

Re: Why are synths running cpu even if not playing?

Postby Duckett » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:49 pm

You may have noticed one of the more frequent recurring discussions in the forum is reducing CPU; these discussions usually turn to what's inside a schematic that's not needed to achieve the same end result, and is creating hidden useless demand. I've read discussions on triggers, GUI elements, orphaned forgotten sub-module garbage leftovers in schematics, Ruby issues... is this happening with the exported synth and the .fsm, or just the synth?

I'm the farthest thing from an .fsm repairman you'd want (download the Combellish .fsm if you don't believe me), but I'm guessing the genuine heroes around here would still also say "without more to go on or a schematic to look at, there's no way to know".
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Re: Why are synths running cpu even if not playing?

Postby djbrynte » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:31 am

Thnx duckett. nix is helping me how to shut down cpu when synth not is playing :) I will see hes trick. Thnx for reply!
djbrynte

Return to General